Monday, July 12, 2010

One Week Down! 5 to go!

Well, as of today, Monday, it has been one complete week of my gluten-free diet and so far I have a clean slate! In 7 days I haven't had any bread, pasta, breading, crackers, cookies, nada. To be honest I'm quite shocked. It's been hard at times trying to find something that doesn't have any gluten to eat when you're on the go. I haven't been able to go grocery shopping yet so most of my meals have been purchased and not cooked. But hopefully soon I'll get to go buy groceries and have lots of fruits and vegetables and meats at the apartment. So I still have five weeks to go to reach my six weeks no gluten goal, but one week is down and I survived so I'm thinkin I can do it! I haven't noticed any significant changes yet but I hear it takes at least 2 weeks for any results whether it be with a diet or exercise program or whatever. So hopefully when another week is down I'll step on the scale and see a lesser number! Or have more energy or notice less bloating and digestive problems! Forgive me for patting myself on the back but when you've spent your entire life basically being a carbohydrate addict, going 7 days without any is pretty huge. I just wanna keep my clean record for the last 5 weeks! Til August 14th! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment